All three courses are included in this bundle:
- Developing Your Coaching Philosophy and Ethics
- Athletes face a multitude of challenges, such as the internal pressure to win, living up to unreasonable external expectations, temptations to find or succumb to taking shortcuts or even cheating, unhealthy body image, coming back from injury, staying injury-free, or trying to land an important scholarship. It can be just as difficult for coaches to manage this array of challenges as it is for athletes. In this course, coaches are reminded of these challenges and equipped with techniques to help their athletes overcome these issues and identify positive, healthy solutions. Coaches learn how to create, build and cultivate a personalized coaching philosophy and how to employ decision-making strategies and quality coaching methods to navigate difficult situations with athletes and parents.
- Understanding Supplements and Energy Drink
- In today’s "quick fix culture," dietary supplements and energy drinks are ubiquitous, leading athletes to believe that the more they take, the better they will perform. However, both dietary supplements and energy drinks pose risks. Through firsthand accounts of athletes who have lost their Olympic dreams or become seriously ill from supplement and energy drink use, coaches will learn about their potentially devastating consequences. In this course, coaches will gain an awareness of the complex supplement landscape, learn the differences between energy drinks and sports drinks, and become equipped with instructive nutrition and recovery strategies, enabling them to guide their athletes to improving their performance naturally.
- Navigating Performance-Enhancing Substances
- Athletes often turn to performance-enhancing substances in order to get ahead. Unfortunately, performance-enhancing substance abuse is not limited to specific sports, age groups, or levels, and it is not limited to steroids and human growth hormone. Prescription medications, stimulants, inhalers, and other medications are often abused to gain a competitive advantage. This course provides an overview of performance-enhancing substances and methods, including the side effects and dangers of their use. Coaches master how to look for warning signs and examine some of the reasons why athletes resort to these methods. Through interactive, scenario-based learning, coaches are armed with tools to prepare them to successfully navigate this difficult issue with their athletes.