Many athletes choose to instead take dietary supplements to make up where they are lacking or to give themselves a perceived ‘edge.’ However, supplements can come with negative side effects and consequences that youth athletes, as well as their parents and coaches, should be aware of.
Find the answers to these questions and more inside the TrueSport Dietary Supplement Lesson! The lesson is available in both digital download and hard copy versions.
Inside this two-piece set, you will find:
- Quick-hitters: Reference these if your time is limited.
- TrueStories: Iconic Sports Story & Athlete Ambassador Story relating to the topic.
- TrueSport Questions: Lead a group discussion with these topics following the TrueStories.
- Coaches' Corner: Look here for more information to educate yourself and become more informed on how to talk about this topic with your athletes.
- TrueSport Chalk Talk: Reinforce the lesson topic with a group discussion.
- TrueSport In Action: Activities to put TrueSport into action within your group.
- Overtime: Information about National Coaching and Health Education Standard alignment, along with supporting quotes and links to additional resources.
In addition to the Dietary Supplement Lesson Booklet and Dietary Supplement Lesson Companion, you will also receive one-page resources tailored for athletes, parents, and coaches that support the information being presented throughout the TrueSport Lesson. These take-home resources help bring the conversation from the field of play to the dinner table!