TrueSport Coaching Field Experience
The TrueSport Coaching Education Program Field Experience is an opportunity for you to apply knowledge gained throughout the TrueSport Coaching Education Modules with mentored practice in the field. The opportunity will provide an experience that cannot be duplicated in an online setting.
To successfully complete the field experience, a coach must complete the following steps:
- Select a mentor in your coaching community to support you through the Field Experience (e.g. head coaches, program administrators, etc.).
- Complete a minimum of 50 hours in a field-based setting during in-person or virtual practices or competitions, with opportunity given for mentoring and evaluation.
- Submit the Field Experience Journal connecting the field experience to the knowledge gained in the coaching modules. The Field Experience Journal will document the date/time of the field experience hours and allow you to record what TrueSport best practice/skill was put into practice and what was learned from that experience.
- The Coach’s mentor must submit an evaluation of the Coach at the conclusion of the 50 field-experience hours, which will include a series of ranked and open-ended questions.
- Participate in a follow-up conversation with TrueSport’s Coaching Advisor.