What is the difference between an energy drink and a sports drink? How does reading the nutrition label help determine if you are consuming an energy drink or sports drink? How do energy drinks affect the body and what side-effects exist with energy drinks? What benefits do sport drinks offer?
Find all the answers to these questions and more inside the TrueSport Energy Drinks Lesson! The lesson is available in both digital download and hard copy versions.
Inside this two-piece set, you will find:
- Quick-hitters: Reference these if your time is limited.
- TrueStories: Iconic Sports Story & Athlete Ambassador Story relating to the topic.
- TrueSport Questions: Lead a group discussion with these topics following the TrueStories.
- Coaches' Corner: Look here for more information to educate yourself and become more informed on how to talk about this topic with your athletes.
- TrueSport Chalk Talk: Reinforce the lesson topic with a group discussion.
- TrueSport In Action: Activities to put TrueSport into action within your group.
- Overtime: Information about National Coaching and Health Education Standard alignment, along with supporting quotes and links to additional resources.
In addition to the Energy Drinks Lesson Booklet and Energy Drinks Lesson Companion, you will also receive one-page resources tailored for athletes, parents, and coaches that support the information being presented throughout the TrueSport Lesson. These take-home resources help bring the conversation from the field of play to the dinner table!
Visit TrueSport.org/energy-drinks for additional resources such as videos, articles, and more!