Does your team set goals during the season? As a student-athlete, how can they utilize goal-setting in the future? What guidelines help set goals and what goal-setting types exist? As a coach, what goal-setting tips can you provide your athletes?
Find the answers to these questions and more inside the TrueSport Goal-Setting Lesson! The lesson is available in both digital download and hard copy versions.
Inside this two-piece set, you will find:
- Quick-hitters: Reference these if your time is limited.
- TrueStories: Iconic Sports Story & Athlete Ambassador Story relating to the topic.
- TrueSport Questions: Lead a group discussion with these topics following the TrueStories.
- Coaches' Corner: Look here for more information to educate yourself and become more informed on how to talk about this topic with your athletes.
- TrueSport Chalk Talk: Reinforce the lesson topic with a group discussion.
- TrueSport In Action: Activities to put TrueSport into action within your group.
- Overtime: Information about National Coaching and Health Education Standard alignment, along with supporting quotes and links to additional resources.
In addition to the Goal-Setting Lesson Booklet and Goal-Setting Lesson Companion, you will also receive one-page resources tailored for athletes, parents, and coaches that support the information being presented throughout the TrueSport Lesson. These take-home resources help bring the conversation from the field of play to the dinner table!
Visit TrueSport.org/goal-setting for additional resources such as videos, articles, and more!