Do your athletes sometimes feel like they've lost control of a situation? Do you wonder how you, as a coach, can help your athletes deal with stress and anxiety? What techniques are available to your athletes to help them remain calm and focused during intense competition?
Find the answers to these questions and more inside the TrueSport Performance Anxiety Lesson! The lesson is only available as a digital download.
Inside this two-piece set, you will find:
- Quick-hitters: Reference these if your time is limited.
- TrueStories: Iconic Sports Story & Athlete Ambassador Story relating to the topic.
- TrueSport Questions: Lead a group discussion with these topics following the TrueStories.
- Coaches' Corner: Look here for more information to educate yourself and become more informed on how to talk about this topic with your athletes.
- TrueSport Chalk Talk: Reinforce the lesson topic with a group discussion.
- TrueSport In Action: Activities to put TrueSport into action within your group.
- Overtime: Information about National Coaching and Health Education Standard alignment, along with supporting quotes and links to additional resources.
In addition to the Performance Anxiety Lesson Booklet and Performance Anxiety Lesson Companion, you will also receive one-page resources tailored for athletes, parents, and coaches that support the information being presented throughout the TrueSport Lesson. These take-home resources help bring the conversation from the field of play to the dinner table!
Visit TrueSport.org/performance-anxiety for additional resources such as videos, articles, and more!
All files are for personal/non-commercial use only. If you would like to purchase a commercial license, please contact us at TrueSport@TrueSport.org.